Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Owe Nothing to Anyone Except to Love

Owe nothing to anyone, except to love one another; 
for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
ROMANS 13:8


The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery; you shall not kill; you shall not steal; you shall not covet,” and whatever other  commandment there may be, are summed up in this saying, namely “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no evil to the neighbor; hence, love is the fulfillment of the law. - Romans 13:9-10


God is Love and by doing all these things for love, you are clearly and concretely showing your love for God. Only love can bring you true peace of mind and heart. Give because you love those who are poor or in need. 


Father in heaven, You are the love of my life in Christ. Love that fulfills all Laws.Thank You so much for loving me to the full that enabled me to be what I am and where I am today. Love that makes my heart jump for joy and move in accordance with Your will. 

In my journey with You, it is always refreshing to go back and remember the true foundation of my christian life. As I progress or grow, there is always that tendency to be more legalistic, thinking that I know more than those who do not read the bible everyday. I easilly forget the one single word that sums it all up, "Love"!

Let Your love overflow in me so that I may always be at peace. Grant us the grace to always live in the fullness of Your abundance and prosperity.  As always, I surrender myself fully to the power of Your mighty hands. Work Your way in me so that all works will be centered on my love for You and for others. 

I owe everything to You. You have set me free from any debt. Truly, all things come from You and I can not possibly live without You. 

With much love and thanksgiving I humbly pray in Jesus Name. Amen.





PERICOPE:
VI: The Duties of Christians
LOVE FULFILLS THE LAW
Romans 13:8-10

Published:
November 03, 2023, 8:36 AM

Love the Lord Your God

 “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart  and with all your soul and with all your strength." DEUTERONOMY 6:5 ; MARK 12:3...